Friday, May 7, 2010

WE MOVED!!!!

We moved to Draper. We have been looking for houses on and off in Draper, but it has never seemed right, but we finally felt right this time and found the perfect house in the area that we wanted to live in. Here is our home. I have had a hard time with the transition though. I loooved where we use to live sooooo much and so I have really mourned our old house and neighborhood. Although, I am starting to come around. It felt so right to move this time so I know it was the right thing to do, but it has still been really hard.

I haven't done much decorating yet, but I did finish Clara's room. She has never had a girl room so I had a lot of fun creating the perfect girl room. Clara loooves butterflies so she had to have butterflies and it had to be pink. I made a lot of the things for her room. I had so much fun. I wish I would have taken before pictures of all the things before we changed them.
The bed use to be a light wood color and we painted it white and the stairs were wiggles stairs and i painted them green and i painted the night stand's knob fuchsia.

My friend Amy gave me this idea to put fabric in these needle point rings.

I made this butterfly mobile which was a nightmare. It costs $115 at pottery barn so i thought I would just make one to save $, but it was sooooo hard that I could see why it was $115. And it is hard to see here but the butterflies on the wall I cut out of contact paper which was $5.
I made this butterfly lampshade out of hard felt and leftover ruffles from the ruffle shirts I use to make.
And I bought a huge sham that went with the bedding and I cut it up and made a smaller pillow and added these butterflies out of hard felt.
And I really wish I took a before picture of this because it was an old white washed mirror that was very out of style and I bought a wood butterfly at Michael's for $1 and glued it in the middle and painted the whole thing green. so it looks like one piece. So now I can check off Clara's room because it is done, yay!!!

5 comments:

Micah said...

First of all, it's Amy here, not Micah.
I was surprised to see your comment on my blog, so I decided to check yours and hip hip hooray, you not only updated it, but there are many fun posts. Tricky to find time to blog these days.
First of all, your dresses are ingenious! Love love love every one of them. You are the best seamstress. What a good skill to have.I love the fabrics you put together too.
Dying at Reid crutching super fast. Poor boy. That was so sweet of Clara to share her eggs.
Big Lips is seems fun.

Micah said...

I forgot to say that Clara's room is EXTRA cute. I love that butterfly mobile, even though it was your nemesis.
Also, Max loves Elmo too. I should have done an Elmo party, but Ella had one when she turned two. Cute cake you made.

Sabra said...

Your house is Beautiful. Clara's room is DARLING. We miss you tons. Hope the garage sale went well. Hope we can see you soon.

Jill T said...

Nabby, cute room! Everything turned out great!

Audra said...

Wow Nabby! Clara's room looks awesome. I wish I lived close to you so you could help me make some similar things for Lena's room!
New house looks beautiful.