Saturday, July 3, 2010

Clara turned 5!!!

Clara loves butterflies(as you can see by her bedroom) so she wanted a butterfly birthday party. Also, as you can see by her room I have now cut out soooo many butterflies. Reid said as I was making butterflies for this party "wow, you are good at making butterflies" And it is because I have now cut out hundreds of them.

I cut these butterflies out of Amy butler paper and hung them from the ceiling. and made these pom poms out of tissue paper. i looked up online how to make them and it wasn't very hard.



I was so happy that I was able to reuse the mural my aunt and uncle painted for Clara's Tinkerbell party last year. I just added all the butterflies to it.



More pom poms.


Butterfly cupcakes. Clara loves cupcakes. especially the frosting. these were especially yummy cupcakes. I used the flag sheet cake recipe from barefoot contessa and the Wilton's butter cream frosting recipe. The pretzels and the mint chips made them really yummy too.


I made these applique shirts for all the girls. Like I said I have cut out my fare share of butterflies.

Here are all the kids piled on Clara's bed.


Each of the kids got sand buckets and we decorated them with this foam butterfly kit from walmart.


We had a butterfly beanbag toss.




And then we played the butterfly Elefun game. A game where the elephant blows out little butterflies and the kids have to try to catch the most butterflies.


My niece Chloe had a tank top version on the butterfly applique shirt.

All the shirts had butterflies on the back too.


Clara got the "monkey swimsuit" from grandma that she wanted.


Clara is such a sweet girl. She can't stand for any of her brothers to be upset. The other day we went to the family night at Thanksgiving point and the activity was making rockets and then they could blast them off with this air pressure thing. The kids loved it until Reid's rocket busted. He was especially upset since Clara still had her rocket to take home. Reid pretty much screamed his head off the whole way home. Clara felt so bad for him that she sat in the car and tore up her rocket so that Reid wouldn't be sad that he didn't have one. It was so sweet. She is always doing things like that. She gives Alvin anything he wants. Sometimes when Alvin doesn't get ice cream because he was naughty she sneaks in the pantry with Alvin and feeds him her ice cream cone. I sure do love my only girl Clara. She is so special to me.

No comments: