Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Applique Shirts

My friend Amy and I teamed up and made these applique shirts. We had been talking about it for so long, but we never found the time to get together, go pick out the fabric, pick and cut out a design, and sew them on. So this is how we did it. Amy is an artist and I am a seamstress and so she picked out the fabric and drew all the designs and then made two of every design and then gave me the designs and hers ironed on to her shirts and I sewed them all on. I feel like I had the easy job. We make a pretty good team though. We had an english class together in college and we asked the teacher if we could write our paper together and to our surprise he said yes. We also use to make fun highschool color outfits that we would wear to the games.(orange and blue, yes we were hot!!!) We made a pretty good team then and we still do now. She and I are so much alike it is like having two of myself when we do something together. Anyway here are a few of the shirts I made for my kids, Amy made me a lot more that I can use in the future, but my kids didn't need that many shirts.

4 comments:

Carrie Hazar said...

Those turned out so cute too...I love the tie one. That will be darling on your boys!

Amy M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy M. said...

Sorry about the deleted comment. I read what I wrote after and I had a typo that made it not make sense.
Anyway...
Yes, we DO make a good team. Imagine how productive it would be having two of ourselves if we lived next door.
I'm so glad you sewed them. I could have NEVER. Thanks for all the stuff you sew for me. You're the best!
That was fun when we wrote the English paper together (in our "computer room").
I was just staring at your Rich & Skinnies and they are cuter than mine.

Jill T said...

Cute shirts nab. I like the elephant!