Friday, April 4, 2008

Funny thing Reid said:

The other day when i was cutting Reid's hair I was drilling in his head that he should never cut anybody's hair. I made sure that he knows how sharp my scissors are and that you have to go to school to cut people's hair or you might cut their skin. (hoping to prevent any accidents later) He sat there and thought for a little bit and then said. "Moroni's soldier didn't go to school to cut hair did he mommy. Because he cut Zerahemnah's scalp when he cut his hair." Very surprised he remembered the story we read in the Book of Mormon. I just answered "no he did not, good example of what could happen if you cut someone's hair without going to school first." Also he once asked... "Why do some people have dark skin?" I said "I don't know they were just born that way." then he thinks again and says..."I know it is because heavenly father made their skin dark in the Book of Mormon." He really ponders the scriptures.

4 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Hi Nabby! Carrie just emailed me about the birth of Alvin--Congratulations!!!! She also sent me your blog address so I could se him. He is adorable! I am glad that everything went so well! He is a cutie!

gunnarson said...

The blog looks so good! I love the pics and stories... so cute. Reid sounds like a little smartie. It's gotta make you feel good that he's taking all that scripture stuff in. Alvin is a cutie. Something about his face looks like Reid to me. I was laughing about Clara asking if he had eyes. You were all belly with that pregnancy. That picture of you about to leave the hospital looks like you were never even pregnant!

4 Week Slimdown said...

I meant to comment on your page not email you! That was the coolest story! I got a rock in my throat and the tears almost started! But as you know right now when then tears fall in the state we are in with babies a week old the tears never stop once they start flowing! So I had to fight them! Reid is such a special part of our family and Porter and I love your family so much!

Jill T said...

Reid, way to pay attention! Way to go little scriptorian!