Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July and Alvin's blessing day

I haven't written in a while because we have been pretty busy. We had all of David's family in town over the 4th of July for Alvin's blessing on the 6th. Here is what we did... (My mother-in-law is going to send me the pictures that she took this weekend so I might be posting more from this time later)
I love living in Provo for the 4th of July weekend, because there is so much to do. For 3 days straight they have a balloon fest with tons of hotair balloons. They take off every morning and usually end up right above our house and sometimes they land in the park across from our house. In these pictures we went to watch them take off. We usually do that one of the mornings and then just watch them over our house the other 2 mornings. My kids are in heaven watching them take off. They can hardly wait to wake up in the morning to run outside to see if there are any above our house.


There is a great parade in provo on the 4th of july as well, but we didn't end up going this year because we went to the stadium of fire that night so we didn't want the kids to wake up early that day since they were going to be up late that night. This picture is at the carnival in provo on the 4th of July, which this year wasn't as fun because they had very few rides. Here is one of the 2 they had. I took Reid that night to the Stadium of Fire and David stayed home with Clara and Alvin. Clara does not do well when she is tired so we let her stay home and go to bed. Although ever since she keeps saying..."I'm big enough to see Hannah Montana now?" And she recognizes Miley's songs right away whenever she hears them. So she would have probably loved it. Reid was loving the Jets that flew over and the sky divers. The whole rest of the show he kept asking me questions about them. I don't know if he paid any attention to anything else after he saw those jets. He kept saying... " Were those stealth bombers Mommy?" "Will those jets never drop bombs on us Mommy?" "Do jets never kill people Mommy?" "Are those the fastest jets in the world Mommy?" He could not stop thinking about the jets. Although he had plenty of questions once the fireworks came..."Can those fireworks never get us?" "Can the rain not even stop those fireworks mommy?"

These are all the grandkids on David's side. There are 8 under the age of 8. This is at my house on the day of Alvin's blessing.

Here they are again except for the 2 youngest.



This is my family. Only my older brother, his wife, and my parents could come to the blessing. Pack was out of town and Chauncy is selling security systems in Washington for the summer.

Here is Alvin on his blessing day. We got to church that morning and not one microphone was working in the whole chapel and then to make it even harder to hear David, Alvin cried through the whole thing. I was praying the whole time that he would stop so I didn't really listen to the blessing, but luckily my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law wrote it down so I could read it later. David gives such beautiful blessings. He is always so in tune with the spirit. I am so thankful that he can bless our children it is such a special thing.





2 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Those pictures are so fun with all the Hazar cousins together! What a cute group! It sounds like you had a great 4th weekend and blessing for Alvin. He is such a darling little guy!

a wynn wynn situation said...

Looks like you had a great 4th! It's so fun to have lots of family around- for awhile at least :)