Thursday, June 19, 2008

Swim lessons

My kids are in swim lessons this week and the next. They are loving it. I was worried that Clara would be scared to do them, but she wasn't and the experience has been good so far. We have stayed at the pool after the lessons as well the past 3 days. And that was definately an adventure with 3 kids. The first day my mom came with me, but the kids loved it so much that they wanted to go everyday after that. I felt like I was playing the where's waldo game the whole time. Clara stays right by me, but Reid likes to go further away. So I am just constantly tracking him down. I had Alvin in my bjorn and Clara in her water wings so we could walk around to keep track of Reid. Although today I ran to my seat to get some sunscreen and came back and Clara was gone. I walked all around the pool for about 5 minutes and still couldn't find her. The tears started to come and I started to pray over and over, and then I hear the lifeguard over the intercom say "we have a lost girl who looks like she is about 3 years old...." and sure enough it was her. I guess when I ran to get the sunscreen Clara didn't see me so she started crying and someone thought she was lost and brought her to the front to a lifeguard. SO SCARY! I hate that kind of stuff. It makes you realize how easy it would be for someone to take your kids.


4 comments:

Amy M. said...

scary. i know what you mean about swimming w/3.stressful. my kids are also in swim lessons this week and next.

Michelle Cherrington said...

Oh Nabby - I just had flashbacks to our time at the mall with Tyler. That is the worst feeling ever!! Wish I was there to help you out like you helped me.

The kids look so cute. Reid with his goggles is so adorable. You're a good mom to take all 3 kids to the swim lessons. You do such fun things with the kids - they're lucky to have you.

gunnarson said...

Yikes... that is scary! We start lessons tomorrow!

4 Week Slimdown said...

Your mom told me that story.. That is so scary huh!!! I bet you were so sick to your stomach.. Little clara!! She loves her mom so much!