Sunday, April 26, 2009

Parent day at Clara's Preschool

Last week was Parent Day at Clara's preschool and here she is sitting in her spot. Her teacher says every time they sit on the carpet squares Clara has to sit on the C square. She wouldn't even sit by me because she had to sit on the C square in the corner.

They sang a rain song while the parents squirted the umbrella with water.
We sat outside and watched the teacher release the butterflies that they had in their classroom. Clara loves butterflies. She always says she wants butterflies for her birthday coming up, but I don't really know what she wants. I just get her stuff with butterflies on it. Hopefully that is what she means.

They performed a play of the "Hungry Caterpillar". Here is where they came out as butterflies. You can find Clara if you look really hard in the middle back. She wouldn't do her other part of the play. She was suppose to be the strawberries, but she got stage fright. Clara is a little shy around other people. She is funny though because you would think if she was shy she would want me to be with her at school all the time, but when I drop her off she hates when I linger. She is always saying "When are you going to leave?" or "Can you leave now?" Her teacher says she is very particular too. She always knows what she wants and she won't let anyone tell her how to do it if she knows what to do. You would think a shy person would be too afraid to stick up for themselves. She is a lot like her mom, like I have said before. I was so much like her as a little girl.

Clara wouldn't sing or do the actions. She does this every time. Before parent day she told me she was going to sing this time and that she wasn't shy anymore, but when she got up there she got scared. I love to watch Clara in all that she does, because she is so unique. Look at the video she is the only one not singing. Sometimes it almost seems like she is too cool to sing, but who knows why kids do what they do. I will be so interested to see what this little girl turns into.

2 comments:

Michelle Cherrington said...

Ah, I love reading little stories about Clara. She is so adorable and I can totally relate cuz I was so shy when I was little, too. That little video is classic. Good to know she likes butterflies - she's got a big birthday coming up soon. :)

Grandma Brinton said...

The last time i picked her up from school she was sitting on the "C" while everyone else was gathered around the teacher on the front of the rug. it was a crack up. she is a character.