Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Alvin turned 1!!!

Alvin and his cousin Chloe turned 1 this month. Their birthdays are 4 days apart. I hate to say it, but it has been one of the hardest years of my life. This little sweet boy has been a very difficult baby. He is just a fussy guy. And I think being my 3rd child makes it really hard when the baby is fussy. Don't get me wrong I love him so much, but I can't lie and say how wonderful this year has been. He has his moments where he is so much fun and sweet, but then a lot of the time he is crying. I take him to the doctor at least once a month and nothing is ever wrong with him, he is just fussy. Anyway, usually these birthday posts are full of positive things about the birthday boy or girl, but this time is different. All my kids have been fussy babies, and they have all become such wonderful children, so I know Alvin will too. He has such a cute personality when he isn't crying:)
Here they are opening presents. Chloe opened hers, but Clara opened Alvin's. He had no interest in opening them.

He had more interest in the candle than the cupcake(I don't know why, because they were the best cupcakes. I made a barefoot contessa recipe for coconut cupcakes, but left out the coconut so the kids would like them more). Look at the cupcake getting smashed by his foot.

This is about all he wanted. One little nibble. If only I would have eaten one little nibble.

Party's all over, time to crawl around the floor together.

4 comments:

Amy M. said...

I make those Barefoot Contessa coconut cupcakes too! Love them. We always have the same taste in foods. Except you like icky tuna fish :).

Michelle Cherrington said...

Wish we could have been there to help celebrate - and eat your delicious cupcakes! Love the pictures of Alvin - can't believe he's already 1.

4 Week Slimdown said...

I really loveddd those cupcakes! When can we have more

Grandma Brinton said...

I can't believe my babies are already one. Are they the cutest or what?