Sunday, July 10, 2011

My House

I am finally posting pictures of my house. I finally feel like the decorating I have slowly been doing is coming together. I still have some other things I will need to swap out and add but it looks pretty good for now. This is the view when you walk into the front door.


This is in the entry way. I made the cushion for the chair and I painted this ikea frame turquoise (it use to be black)


I painted this canvas myself with a lot of painters tape and time:) It took a long time. Way more than I wanted to spend, but I love the result. These green glass bowls were handed down to David by his grandparents. I love them and that they have sentimental value.


This is our entryway. You can see the windows from the loft upstairs. I really liked this part the house. It adds a fun look.


View of our staircase.


Gallery wall up my stairs. I mod podged the wooden letter H with turquoise lattice paper and I painted the ampersand sign on canvas.


Family room.


Kitchen/ dining room. I wanted this chandelier for a long time and David surprised me with it for Christmas. David isn't the best at surprise gifts so it made it even more special.


This is our old coffee table that I painted and then distressed and then glazed. I can't find the perfect coffee table yet so I thought painting my old one until I find one worked great. I made the pillows for the couch. It is so hard to find the right color for pillows so it is such an easy thing to make and then you can get them exactly how you want them.




Entertainment center. This is a really neat piece from restoration hardware. It was the perfect size and color for our house. It looks a lot better in person. It really stands out.

No comments: