Monday, January 31, 2011

Disneyland

After Christmas this year we surprised the kids with a disneyland trip. We didn't tell them til after Christmas so that it wouldn't take away from the excitement of Christmas and so we didn't have to hear them asking us everyday "How many more days til we go to Disneyland?" We had a lot of fun despite the fact that we all got sick while we were there. David was sick 2 days before we left and it hit him hard while we were there. Reid had it a week before so he was pretty much better and Clara woke up the day we left with a fever so she had it the whole time and Alvin pretty much had a fever the whole time too. David, finally after being up every night coughing had to go find an instacare and go on an antibiotic. And then the next day we finally brought Clara to the instacare because she had been complaining the last 3 days of her ears hurting. (note that we didn't have a car to do all of this) I didn't want her to miss a day of disneyland so I pushed her in the stroller and jogged the whole way to the instacare at 6am in the morning, oh and don't forget that I am 5 months pregnant at this time too. Luckily I didn't get the sickness until the last day so I was the care taker for everyone, even though being pregnant is a sickness in itself:) Clara ended up with both ears being infected and Alvin ended up with one ear infection(which we didn't take him to the doctor until we got home) oh and by the way our insurance doesn't cover out of state doctors so let's just say we spent a lot of money on medical stuff this trip. We were there for 5 days so we did end up with some good days through it all and the weather was nice and it wasn't crowded. I will still look back on the trip and say we had a fun time even though we were all sick. Disneyland is always magical even when you are sick:)
Clara was so excited that she finally got to see Tinkerbell. Last time we went they didn't have a Tinkerbell character and Tinkerbell is Clara's favorite. "She doesn't like princesses" What little girl doesn't like princesses? She has always been somewhat of a tomboy.
Waiting for the bugs life show. Every time I take my kids to this show I forget how scary it is. Big black widow spiders coming down from the ceiling, bees stinging, bugs crawling on your seat, and a big mean grasshopper. Let's just say they didn't trust me when I told them the next show we went to wasn't scary.




I look like I am ready for a blizzard in these pictures. The first 2 days were colder, but still nice, but I am such a wimp in the cold that I need to always be bundled up. I look kind of silly next my my husband and kids without coats on. At least Alvin will wear a coat.

Reid went on every ride this year. His favorite ride was splash mountain(Dave had to take him on it like 10 times), but he also liked space mountain and the Matterhorn. He wasn't sure how he liked the Tower of Terror and Screamin over California. He for sure didn't ask to go again. He was a brave boy to do them all though. Clara is pretty scared when it comes to rides, but I can already tell Alvin will be our most daring. He will put his arms up on the toon town roller coaster already. So funny to see.

No comments: