Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Reid's Baptism

Reid got baptized this past weekend. I am so proud of him. He is such a special boy. He really wants to be a good boy. He said he felt a good feeling when he got the Holy Ghost. He received a set of scriptures from his grandma and grandpa Hazar and he has been carrying them around ever since. He kept saying "How much were these scriptures because they are GOLDEN" and then he came to me and said "Guess how many pages are in these scriptures mommy?" and then he went on to tell me how many. and then he said "can you believe Grandma and Grandpa would buy me these with soooo many pages" He also got some diary of the wimpy kid books and he was reading them a lot this weekend and he came to me and said "Mommy, whenever I am reading my diary of the wimpy kid book I am thinking 'I should be reading my scriptures, I should be reading my scriptures' so I stop to read my scriptures." The Holy Ghost is whispering to him already. What a good boy. Reid has always been such a sensitive boy. He is always the first to comfort me when I am sad and he tells me he prays for me too. All my kids fight over sitting with Daddy and Reid is the only one who will say "I am going to sit by mommy"


After the baptism with my family. Everyone is here, but Chauncy who was in Afghanistan this summer, but is now back in the states in Virginia for school.

The Hazar's came for the baptism. David's parents and his sister and her 2 older kids.


Our little family.



The man of the hour and his proud parents. It was sure a special day. Better than I could ever imagine. I felt the spirit so strongly as Reid was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was so special. These are the days you will always remember as a parent.

No comments: