Saturday, October 10, 2009

A very late first day of school

As you can see I am way behind with my blog. I haven't been taking very many pictures lately and I haven't been posting the ones I have. Anyway here is Reid and Clara's first day of school. Clara has the same teacher that she had last year, but it is at a different school this year, because they canceled the UVU preschool she went to last year. She loves it just the same. It is at Orem elementary so she feels like she is like Reid now that she is going to a real school. A lot of the equipment is the same as last year and so she still sits on the same "C" square on the rug. Every time I come to pick her up and the class is on the rug sitting she is in the far corner on top of the "C" square. She has 5 teachers because 3 of them are student teachers from UVU and so she loves all the attention. Every time I drop her off she walks in like everyone is watching her every move and she kind of shows off when she walks in. She is a lot more outgoing this year.

Reid is in first grade this year and he also started a french immersion program which he loves. Half of his day is all french and half is in english, and once he is in the 3rd grade all of his day will be in french. Reid is really good at immitating sounds so I think this will be a good thing for him. He has transitioned pretty well into a full day of school. He never complained although for about 2 weeks he came home from school in the worst mood. He was so cranky. He is getting a lot better now.

2 comments:

Amy M. said...

I forgot that Reid and Sam have the same Nike shoes. Another item to include in the photo shoot. :) I know you told me about the French immersion, but I didn't realize so much of his schooling was in French. That will be cool to hear little Reid parle Francais.

Amy M. said...

Oh and Sam is SO grumpy after school everyday still.