Sunday, August 9, 2009

Provo River Half Marathon

My dad and I ran the Provo River Half Marathon this weekend. It has become our little tradition. It was a very cold morning this year. So waiting for the race to start was very uncomfortable, but sitting a talking to my dad is something I will always cherish(freezing or not). I don't always get to spend time with my dad alone so this is such a fun thing we do each year. My dad had a funny thing happen during his run... My dad has allergies that make him have to clear his throat a lot and when he runs it is even worse and so while he runs he has to clear his throat and spit a lot. Well, one of the times he had to spit a girl was coming to pass him and my dad turned to spit and he spit right in the girl's face. YUCK! Can you imagine? He said he was so sorry. He said as she passed she was really wiping her face off with her hands. Gross.
This was taken basically right when I stopped running. Alvin had to be held by mommy as soon as he saw me.

We could not get the kids to do normal faces, but at least they are looking at the camera.

Later that day we went to the Children's Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove. It is such a fun park. My kids love it. It has tons of little castle like forts with slides and just a lot of really different park things. It is all out of wood except the slides. It is really big so the kids can play forever. Alvin was in heaven.


It has a these little beehives with little chairs inside. This is the queen bee's hive. Alvin loved the little chair inside. It is just his size.
The queen bee.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Im so jealous. Next year I will be running it again!

Jill T said...

Way to go Nabby. I think it's so cool you and your dad do this together!

Melanie Anne said...

Good job Nabby! that is awesome! I am impressed. Your kids are getting so big and cuter by the day! I need a hair cut. I am wishing I could schedule a hair apt! I probably don't need it yet, your hair cuts last so long for me--but I would like to come in and just chat! I have no idea who I am going to go to out here! I am really going to miss you!