Monday, August 8, 2011

Dean's Blessing Day


We blessed Dean the first weekend in August.  I have to say things did not exactly go as I thought they would in my head.  Or maybe I should say they did because they did go how I hoped they wouldn't.  Anyway, it all started when right after I put dean's outfit on he spit up all over it(which I guess isn't that surprising since he spits up all day long, but couldn't he at least waited until I got a picture, you can see the spit up on his left chest) Then as I was sitting in the chapel waiting for sacrament to start I realized he was poopy so I hurried to go change him before it started only to realize that he had a huge blowout that went through his shirt and pants. (fun for whoever had to hold him in the circle:)) They during the blessing he screamed the whole time because he has acid reflux and hates to lay on his back so laying on his back during the blessing was not ideal for Dean.  So as you can see not the perfect day, but it ended up being a really good meeting.  All of my brothers were there.  This is my first child who got to have Chauncy in the circle.  And my mom and Chauncy both got up and bore their testimonies which was fun to have since I don't get to here them bare testimony as often as I use to.  It felt so good to have my whole family in church together.  I miss sitting in the same row with my brothers and my parents.  It really felt like home.  Anyway, I am glad they all could make it.  I always feel so stressed on my kids' blessing days, but this one felt really good and spiritual even though things were not perfect. 



Here he is right after he spit up and I am sure this is how he looked during the blessing too:)  Oh the joys!! Once again I get a fussy little baby.  Why am I not shocked???

My whole family together.

David's parents came too which was very nice of them.  It was great to have them there.  They are always so easy to have around and my kids are so excited to have them there.

No comments: