Saturday, June 23, 2012

Peoa Rodeo

We went to Peoa for a Junior Rodeo.  I signed my kids up to ride the sheep, but it took to long for that part of the rodeo and we had to leave to go to a party so they didn't get to do it.  I was dying to have them ride the sheep.  Too bad.  Maybe next year.  My dad grew up in Peoa Utah. It is about one street long. It is close the Kamas.  His family had a mink farm and my grandma lived in the same house until she passed away in her 90's.   I grew up going to my grandma's every Sunday and staying there for a week in the summers.  I have so many memories playing in the fields by her house, throwing cow pies as frisbies, swinging across the river, climbing trees, collecting sticks, pulling thistles from my grandma's lawn, feeding stray dogs our leftovers, going to the Marchant store to get penny candies, going to the rodeo, and parade, eating ice cream every night before bed, learning to sew with my grandma, going to "skull island" (what we named it), painting my grandma's fence, waving to my grandma in her window as we left her house, and I am sure there are many more memories that I don't remember, but I will never forget the fun we had.  When we went to this Rodeo this year my dad was in heaven,  He loves seeing people he knows that still live there and talking to people that know his family.  He could have stayed there all day.  It was a lot of fun to be up there.
Lots of fun climbing trees.

No comments: