Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sew many projects

I made this necklace from a pin on pinterest for my mom for her birthday.  Those are my kids' profiles and my niece Chloe's too.  A Grandma necklace.
I can't stop sewing.  Just when I get burned out from sewing I get the sewing bug again.  I made a dress like this for my friends daughter and when we went to pick out the fabric I had to buy enough to make it for Clara too.
Lot's of neighbor's and friends are having babies these days so I have been making booties for the babies.  I love these little stripeys.


Dress for my bestie's new baby Sophia.
My favorite thing I have made lately are these sear sucker outfits for my kids. Shorts for Alvin, dress for Clara and overalls for Dean.   I can't get over these.  I was having a VonTrapp moment.  I have always loved the part of The Sound of Music when Maria makes all the VonTrapp kids matching clothes out of the curtains and so I tried to recreate it by making matching sear sucker outfits.  .
All three outfits cost me only $12.  WHAT A DEAL!! If only it didn't take 10 hours of my time. LOL!
 Clara's dress has 2 layers and the top layer cinches up with a ribbon.
Okay so I have never done anything like this before and half way through thought that maybe I shouldn't have ever done anything like this, but when I finished I was so glad I did it.  The top is the before picture. And the bottom is the after.  I bought these chairs on KSL for $25 each and had a vision for them and this is what my vision was.....
I found a tutorial on Little Green Notebook Blog.  I pulled out all the staples from before, and painted the chair and made the piping and then re stapled the new fabric to the chair.  We had built-ins put in our office which you can see behind the chair and so I needed chairs to put at the desk(which I also found on KSL and had it painted to match the cabinets) This room is so functional now.  It has lockers, shoe drawers,  file drawers, and tons of storage.  I will have to post a better picture once I decorate it all.  
Anyway, I am so glad I did these chairs, because the room is looking more like I imagined it in my head.  

I also painted this little Ikea stool to keep in the room for an extra seat or to get up in the higher cabinets.  I am loving black and white stripes these days so I am slowly throwing in a touch of black and white stripes here and there.

No comments: